Salmon is a great and popular choice to offer on your menu. Rich in omega 3, it is delicious and healthy – great to offer as a light lunch or dinner to your customers. Many flavours work well with salmon, especially those with a little kick. This chilli salmon recipe has the perfect balance – the spice of the chilli, the creaminess of the butter and the soft, flakey texture of the salmon.
This recipe is not only simple to make, but it uses fresh ingredients and can be prepared and cooked in only 30 minutes. For a lunch option, serve alongside some fresh, seasonal vegetables and for your dinner menu, why not serve a side of delicious, creamy mash or some zingy lemon couscous.
Salmon can usually be locally sourced too. Be sure to mention this on your menu and website, as this is becoming a very important choice for some diners. This recipe will serve five people and you can cater for more by increasing the ingredients accordingly. If you plan to cook for more covers at the same time, ensure your griddle is large enough to give each fillet enough space.
|5 Salmon Fillets||Griddle pan|
|1.35kg Asparagus||Pallete knife|
|45g Butter||Frying pan|
|1tsp Ground Black Peppercorns|
|1.5tsp Flaked Dried Chillies|
|1 tsp Salt|
1. Melt the butter in the frying pan and add the chillies, peppercorns and the salt. Mix until all of the ingredients are blended together.
2. Marinate the flesh side of the salmon fillets with half of the mixture just made. Preheat the griddle to around 120 degrees.
3. Start to boil water in the saucepan, and when it has reached boiling point, add a pinch of salt. Place the asparagus in the pan and simmer until cooked.
4. Coat the griddle with the remaining of the chilli mixture. Sear each salmon skin side down for around 6 minutes then turn over until slightly brown. Cut the lemons into wedges and grill them alongside the salmon.
5. Lay the asparagus next to each other on your plate. Delicately place the salmon on the asparagus, drizzling the remainder of the chilli herb mixture over the salmon. Garnish with lemon wedges.
To really wow your customers, serve up this dish on a slate plate or even a wooden presentation board.