My Nisbets product of the week has to be our Dualit double waffle iron.
Most people I know love waffles; they are eaten all around the world as a popular breakfast meal or snack, particularly in Belgium, France and the United States. One great thing about waffles is the toppings; you can either go sweet or savoury and practically have whatever you want on them, from BLT waffles to peanut butter and banana ones!
As waffles can be a very popular choice on a menu, for those cafes and restaurants looking for quick turnarounds this Dualit professional double waffle iron, which can make 60 waffles per hour, is exactly what you need. It has many great features, such as the Teflon coated plates which makes them easy to clean, has a quick 8 minute heat up time and for energy saving, one ring can be switched off when not in use.
Try out this classic waffle recipe making 10-12 waffles:
• 2 cups plain flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 ½ cups warm milk
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
• In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
• Ladle the batter into the preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
What's your favourite waffle topping?
By Charlotte Le Lohé